Teen Dating Violence
Teen dating violence is defined as the physical, psychological, emotional, or sexual violence within a dating relationship, including stalking. It can occur in person or electronically and can occur between a current or former dating partner.
Did you know?
1 in 11 females and 1 in 15 male high school students report having experienced physical dating violence in 2020.
25% of female and 17% of male abuse survivors reported missing at least one day of school due to abuse.
3.5 million women and 900K men reported that the intimate partner abuse occurred before turning 18.
1 in 8 female and 1 in 26 male high school students report having experienced sexual dating violence in 2020.
Safety Tips for Parents and Community Members
Teen Dating Violence Safety Awareness Tips
Violencia Entre Parejas Adolescentes Consejos de Prevención
Safety Tips for Students
Teen Dating Violence Safety Tip Card
Safety Tips for Educators
Teen Dating Violence Awareness Tips for Educators
- Houston Area Women’s Center (HAWC): is a 501©3 organization with a mission “to create social change by taking action against personal and societal patterns of violence and oppression.” hawc.org
- AVDA: is a nonprofit organization that has served the Houston community for 40 years with the mission to end family violence by advocating for the safety and self-determination of victims, promoting accountability for abusers and fostering a community response to abuse. avda.org
- Texas Health and Human Services: mission to serve the health, safety and well-being of Texans with good stewardship of public resources. hhs.texas.gov
Where to Report
- If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
- If you suspect abuse of a minor, you must report to DFPS at 1-800-252-5400.
- National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline: 866-331-9474
- Chat – loveisrespect.org
- Text – LOVEIS to 22522
Schedule a Presentation
To schedule a prevention presentation and learn more about teen dating violence, fill out our presentation request link here: https://crime-stoppers.org/presentation_request