Human Trafficking Awareness
Human Trafficking is modern day slavery. It involves exploiting a person through force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of forced labor, commercial sex, or both.
Did you know?
- There are an estimated 79,000 minor sex trafficking victims in Texas each year. *United Against Human Trafficking
- There are an estimated 244,000-400,000 victims of human sex trafficking nationwide each year.
- 40% of youth human trafficking cases come from homeless youth *Polaris
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually exploited before they turn 18.
- The online solicitation of minors rose 93% in 2020. *NCOSE
Where to Report
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 888-373-7888
- Houston Police Department Vice Division: 713-308-8600
- Report Anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477)
Partners & Resources
- United Against Human Trafficking: Education, prevention, direct services and survivor empowerment. uaht.org
- Elijah Rising: Restorative care for survivors. Candle shop that employs survivors. elijahrising.org
- Children at Risk: Legislative efforts. Support the 2021 legislative agenda. childrenatrisk.org
- National Center on Sexual Exploitation: Leading organization exposing links between all forms of sexual abuse and exploitation. endsexualexploitation.org
- Houston 20: Advocates for the end of sex trafficking and sex trade in Houston. thehouston20.com
Schedule a Presentation
To schedule a prevention presentation and learn more about human trafficking, fill out our presentation request link here: crime-stoppers.org/presentation_request