Human Trafficking Awareness
Human Trafficking is modern day slavery. It involves exploiting a person through force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of forced labor, commercial sex, or both.
Did you know?
- There are an estimated 79,000 minor sex trafficking victims in Texas each year. *United Against Human Trafficking
- There are an estimated 244,000-400,000 victims of human sex trafficking nationwide each year.
- 40% of youth human trafficking cases come from homeless youth *Polaris
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually exploited before they turn 18.
- The online solicitation of minors rose 93% in 2020. *NCOSE
Parent and Community Safety Awareness Tips
Human Trafficking Awareness Safety Tips
¡Descargue Nuestros Consejos de Trata de Personas en Español!
Human Trafficking and the Internet Parent Resource Guide
Safety Tips for Students
Human Trafficking Student Student Safety Card
Safety Tips for Educators
Human Trafficking Awareness Tips for Educators
Cyber Safety & Human Trafficking Educator Tip Card
Where to Report
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 888-373-7888
- Houston Police Department Vice Division: 713-308-8600
- Report Anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477)
Partners & Resources
- United Against Human Trafficking: Education, prevention, direct services and survivor empowerment. uaht.org
- Elijah Rising: Restorative care for survivors. Candle shop that employs survivors. elijahrising.org
- Children at Risk: Legislative efforts. Support the 2021 legislative agenda. childrenatrisk.org
- National Center on Sexual Exploitation: Leading organization exposing links between all forms of sexual abuse and exploitation. endsexualexploitation.org
- Houston 20: Advocates for the end of sex trafficking and sex trade in Houston. thehouston20.com
Schedule a Presentation
To schedule a prevention presentation and learn more about human trafficking, fill out our presentation request link here: crime-stoppers.org/presentation_request