The Tip Line Program continues to be a national crime solving system and aims to equip and motivate all citizens to report crime. Through collaboration with more than 70 local and federal law enforcement agencies, the Tip Line has proven its success in solving and preventing crime in the Greater Houston Area.
- Publicizes Cases
- Offers Cash Rewards
- 100% Anonymous
- Operates 24/7
|TIP LINE IMPACT||2021||2022||Since 1980|
|Paid in Rewards||$199,275||$220,700||$12,853,735|
- Crime Stoppers will NEVER ask you for your name, phone number, address, or any other information that could identify you.
- We do not record phone calls or have caller id. No one will know you called us unless you tell them.
- Once you give us your tip, you will be given a code number. This is the only way Crime Stoppers can identify you.
- You need to remember this number and provide it when you call back to check the status of your tip.
- CRIME STOPPERS CANNOT CALL YOU with the status because we don’t ask for your phone number.
- When you call back with your code number we will let you know if your tip helped law enforcement arrest or charge a felony suspect/fugitive. If it did, we will give you instructions to go to a specific bank on a certain date to pick up your cash reward. You will not be asked to show any id and the money you get does not have to be reported to anyone.
- Crime Stoppers may pay cash rewards of up to $5,000 on serious crime in the Greater Houston Area.
- The only requirement is you must report your tip directly to the Crime Stoppers Tip Line.
Did you know? Tipsters remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward of up to $5,000
Report crime anonymously by:
- Calling 713-222-TIPS(8477)
- Using our Mobile App (Download app name: Crime Stoppers Houston)
- Submitting online here
Thank you to our Tip Line Program Sponsors!
Harris County District Attorney’s Office
Houston Police Department
Harris County Sheriff’s Office
Pasadena Police Department
The Hamill Foundation
*As of 6/2022