How it Works
Things you should know:
- Crime Stoppers will NEVER ask you for your name, phone number, address, or any other information that could identify you.
- We do not record phone calls or have caller id. No one will know you called us unless you tell them.
- Once you give us your tip, you will be given a code number. This is the only way Crime Stoppers can identify you.
- You need to remember this number and provide it when you call back to check the status of your tip.
- CRIME STOPPERS CANNOT CALL YOU with the status because we don’t ask for your phone number.
- When you call back with your code number we will let you know if your tip helped law enforcement arrest or charge a felony suspect/fugitive. If it did, we will give you instructions to go to a specific bank on a certain date to pick up your cash reward. You will not be asked to show any id and the money you get does not have to be reported to anyone.
- Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards of up to $5,000 on all felony crimes that happen in the Greater Houston/Harris County area.
- The only requirement is you must report your tip directly to the Crime Stoppers Tip Line.