We keep your kids safe at school
Since its inception in 1997, the Safe School Insitute has evolved into a FREE, year-round program that has educated over 1 million students in 30 Greater Houston Area school districts. The Institute delivers all three levels of prevention: primary, secondary, and tertiary. We are committed to reaching our audience whenever they are able whether it be during school hours or outside of school hours, on campus or off-campus. Whatever their needs are, the Safe School Institute is available at no cost to provide a customized format that addresses those needs.
Since 1997, the Safe School Program reached 1,040,579 students and has assisted law enforcement in solving 1,885 cases and removing 280 weapons from Harris County middle and high schools. Since 2009, our law enforcement partners have helped us seize over $25,000 in drugs and stolen property from middle and high school students.
In 2017, the Safe School Program reached 40,335 students, 1,161 parents and 3,873 school staff and school law enforcement officers through 539 presentations. It assisted law enforcement in solving 15 cases and removing 5 weapons, including a Glock 17 (9) millimeter automatic weapon.
Safe School 101
- Student Presentations: Multimedia presentations promote personal safety to aid students in avoiding victimization and deter delinquency. Satisfies state mandate TEC §38.004(b) (Approximately 30-45 minutes).
- Parent Presentations: Keeping Your Kids Safe series covers a range of topics including cyber safety, drugs and alcohol, human trafficking and teen dating violence. (Approximately 60 minutes).
- School Staff Training: 90 minute trainings cover bullying prevention (satisfies state mandate TEC §21.451) and child abuse (satisfies state mandates TEC §38.0041 & TEC §38.004(2)). Popular 60 minute presentation titled “The Cyber World and Its Impact on Mental Health”.
- Law Enforcement Trainings: House Bill 2684 Training (20 hours over 2 days; satisfies House Bill 2684 mandates); School Safety Summit (8 hours over one day; TCOLE Credit).
Safe School Program Sponsors
Thank you to our partners who make our Safe School Institute possible.
Harris County Commissioner’s Court
The Wayne Duddlesten Foundation
Alan Helfman – Owner of River Oaks Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Sprint & Connectivity Source, a Sprint Authorized Retailer
Gillson Longenbaugh Foundation
Harris County Commissioner’s Court Precinct 4 – Commissioner R. Jack Cagle
The Hamill Foundation
Theta Design Weekend
- Asian American Youth Giving Circle
- Cruise Industry Charitable Foundation
- Spindletop Charities Golf Tournament
- The Gordon A. Cain Foundation