Prom should be a night to remember for the rest of your life.
Carefully planning one of the most special events of a high school student’s entire career in advance and knowing about potential safety issues will make Prom Night a huge success and an unforgettable time.
Did you know?
- High school students who drink are 7X more likely to engage in high-risk behavior. (AAA PROMise)
- Car accidents are the leading cause of death in teenagers with April, May & June being the most dangerous months.
(CDC High School Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS))
- 70% of teens killed on prom weekend were not wearing seatbelts. (CDC High School YRBSS)
- 39% of 16 -19 year-olds stated that they or their friends would use drugs or alcohol on prom night. (AAA PROMise)
- 87% of teens believe their peers are likely to drive impaired instead of calling their parent or guardian for help
because they are afraid of getting in trouble. (AAA PROMise)
Where to Report
- Prom Anxiety Hotline: Text “PROM” to 38383
- Report to The Crime Stoppers of Houston Anonymous Tip Line at 713.22.TIPS (8477), online here, or with our mobile app.
Crime Stoppers provides helpful safety reminders to make sure you are staying safe while having a wonderful night! Download our safety tips here!