Holiday Shopping Safety
The holiday season is always a special time of year. Unfortunately, thieves often use the holiday season to find easy targets. As you shop, please be mindful of the following safety tips to help keep your holiday shopping safe and joyous!
Did you know?
- In 2019 Black Friday saw 93.2 million buyers shopping online.
- Millennials were the biggest spenders on Black Friday 2019.
- Black Friday online shopping sales hit $7.4 billion in 2019 which is an all-time high.
- In person shopper visits on Black Friday 2019 fell down by 6.2% from 2018.
- 56% of online shoppers use their mobile device for holiday shopping.
- Identity theft and robberies are two of the most common crimes during the holiday season.
- Identity theft accounted for 20.33% of cases and was the most-common type of fraud in 2019.
- 51% of online retailers do not attempt to lock a consumer out after 10 incorrect login attempts; therefore, fraudsters have an unlimited number of attempts into your online profile/account.